Thank you for coming out and supporting us at the Holroyd Parramatta Zone of Playgroups Christmas party in such large numbers. We hope you had a fun time. We had over 130 children present at the event. Once the counts are done, we will have close to 250 at the event. The biggest for a few years.
This event was over a year in the planning and whilst not everything went to plan, overall there were a lot of things that went really well and all the kids had an absolute ball, and went home exhausted.
With any event of this kind there is a long list of Thankyou’s.
I would like to thank Krystal, our Secretary for an endless list of things.
Thanks to, Julie our Fundraising Co-Ordinator, her assistance ensured that we got over $2500 worth of prizes for our raffle, also doing pickups, follow ups and selling tickets far and wide. She was also our judge for best dressed.
Thanks to, Jess our Treasurer, who helped with all things money wise and makes a great back up face painter as well.
Thanks and good bye to Shirley, our out going Treasurer, who has been a great support to me over the last 3 years. We wish her well in the future.
We also have a massive thanks to Krista from KC Imagery that was our Santa photographer, capturing some really special memories at a very low cost for our attendees. She is a wonderful photographer, please check out her facebook page KC Imagery for some samples of her work. She comes highly recommended for family portrait photos, at reasonable rates. (ph0450 909 860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Natalie from Stufflers http://www.stuffabeargreystanes.com.au/ who stayed to help us stuff over 30 bears at the party as a great indoor activity.
Thanks to Paul from https://www.facebook.com/kavavan who provided our attendees with some high quality coffee from his mobile coffee shop. He really makes excellent coffee, and is great to have as a regular visitor to your weekly playgroup session, as some of our members already know.
A full list of sponsors will be added to our website, shortly. Anyone who was not present and won a prize will be contacted and prize delivered by the end of the week.
As with any event of this nature we have a lot of volunteers who made the day possible.
- The Pre-party Volunteers that came to the hall from 8pm-10pm the night before. We stuffed 120 kids gift bags, set up all the inside tables and chairs, prize tables, the santa cave and put up signage. Some of which was done using only our car headlights.
- The Bungaree Babes & Old Toongabbie groups for letting us borrow some toys, kids tables and chairs.
- Pack up Volunteers who were a big help to clean up at the end of a busy morning.
- All the treasurers that pre-sold tickets at playgroups and returned them to us on the day, making it a much easier check-in process for all of your members at the hall. The group that raised the most money, and wins the incentive prize is Westmead Young Mothers Group.
- Pendle Hill High School for providing 6 volunteers to assist us in running the event. The students were very professional, and made sure that all raffle tickets made it into the draw, assisted with check-in, lucky door prize, packing up and drink sales.
- Coles Westmead who provided all the poppas, chips and lollies that were stuffed in the bags.
- Holroyd City Council for providing 120 kids bags, stuffed with goodies for the mums as well as the kids.
- All our best dressed winners and everyone who went to such a great effort to dress your children up in the Christmas spirit. It really added to the festive feel of the day. Some fantastic outfits.
- And finally to our husbands and relatives, who took the day off to ensure our own children had an awesome day at the party. A special mention to my mum who flew down to support me this year and ended up cleaning the toilets and mowing the lawn as well as baby sitting.
All those that volunteered have earned their group points towards their groups total reward points, that will win money for their playgroup at the years end.
If you have taken any photos of the event that you would not mind us using, or would like to share, please email me a copy for posting.
I really hope that all those who attended, enjoyed the event. Whilst I have been involved in the event over the last 3 years, this was my first as the Co-Ordinator, and I have worked hard to create a community Christmas event for our little ones that they can look back upon with great fondness. They are at such a beautiful age that does not last long, without a care in the world. All too soon they go onto ‘big school’ and everything changes. If you missed out this year, I hope that you can come next year. Next years event will be in the last week of November, we will be deciding whether it will be a Monday or a Friday party at the first zone meeting back in February.
We encourage all of you to attend, we would love your feedback and suggestions on what activities you would like to do in 2014. We will provide a full financial review of the Xmas party and be planning for the coming year.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook and check out our website for all the latest news and pics from the party.
Thanks to Jade from Westmead Young Mothers Group for taking our fantastic pics
Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a Safe and Happy New Year.
If your child is graduating from playgroup this year to school. Please let me know so that I can remove you from the mailing list. We wish you all the best for the exciting path that lay ahead.
Thanks again for your participation, and support.